Society of Physician Entrepreneurs (SoPE) Pakistan is one of the newest chapters to join the globally recognized team of physician entrepreneurs. We are a group of Physicians of Pakistani Descent here in the USA. We have been involved in health care and medical education in Pakistan for over 12 years. With our previous entrepreneurial ventures, we are confident that the Pakistan SoPE chapter will be an emerging market in Health care innovations.
Shahid Rafiq, MD
Chapter LeaderRead Bio
Dr. Rafiq received his training in Neurology from Seton Hall University, NJ Neuroscience Institute in Edison, NJ. He completed his fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology at the University of Texas, Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX.
Before coming to the United States, Dr. Rafiq first practiced medicine in Pakistan and South Africa. Such vast experience provided him with a broad background in treating his patients in addition to concentrating on his areas of expertise. He is a clinical faculty member of West Virginia University School of Medicine and West Virginia University School of Osteopathic Medicine. The medical students from these institutions come to have clinical rotations with him in hospitals and clinics. These teaching assignments are the source of his continued interest in education, new interventions, and Neurological research. He is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and American Stroke Association/American Heart Association.
- 2010 – Diplomat American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for Sleep Medicine
- 2008 – Diplomat American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for Vascular Neurology (Stroke)
- 2007 – Diplomat American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2002 – USMLE 3
- 1999 – ECFMG Certification
- 1985 – Medical Degree, Rawalpindi Medical College, Pakistan
- 2013-15 – Chief of Medicine, Frederick Memorial Hospital, Frederick, MD
- 2013- Present – Director, Neuroscience & Stroke Program, Holy Cross Hospital,
Silver Spring, MD
- 2011-13 – Vice Chief of Medicine, Frederick Memorial Hospital, Frederick, MD
- 2008 – Present – President/CEO & Neurologist, Comprehensive Neurology Services PA, Frederick & Silver Spring, MD
- 2006 – Present – Medical Director, Stroke Program, Frederick Memorial Hospital, Frederick, MD
- 2005-06 – Neurophysiology & Sleep Fellow, Department of Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX.
- 2002-05 – Resident PGY4, Department of Neurology NJ Neuroscience Institute – Seton Hall University, JFK Medical Center, Edison, NJ
- 2001- 02 – Resident PGY1, Department of Internal Medicine, St. Francis Medical Center – Seton Hall University, Trenton, NJ
Danish Bhatti, MD
Executive Committee MemberRead Bio
Dr. Danish Bhatti is a Movement Disorders Neurologists and teaches physicians internationally. Dr. Bhatti directs an online mini-fellowship in Movement Disorders since 2017 with over 80 Neurologists trained from over 13 countries. Dr. Bhatti directs annual training camps and workshops in Movement Disorders regionally, nationally, and internationally including use of botulinum toxin and Deep Brain Stimulation therapy.
Dr. Bhatti has a strong interest in online and blended learning and has designed and directed hybrid workshops on neurological examination and botulinum toxin injections including workshops at American Academy of Neurology annual meetings. He has been recognized with A.B. Baker Teacher Recognition Award by the American Academy of Neurology, the International Best Teacher Award from the Pakistan Society of Neurology, and the Impact in Education for Innovative practices award, a campus-wide award at the University of Nebraska. His teaching is the translation of his clinical practice and passion to do the best for the patients.
As a member of Parkinson’s study group Dr. Bhatti participates in many multi-center clinical trials for PD and biomechanics. He has written multiple book chapters and editorials and published 26 peer-reviewed papers and over 35 abstracts. He has given over 100 invited lectures internationally and nationally. His YouTube video ‘5 min neurological examination’ has 3.5 million views and his channel has 4000+ subscribers. Dr. Bhatti is founding Director of MERIT Academy, an online distance learning resource for continuing education, and runs a successful podcast “Minifellowship in Movement Disorders” on iTunes.